An international network of researchers and fieldworkers In the course of time, the Institute has built up a top-level network of researchers, international experts, partner organizations and field practitioners. This array of expertise in varied academic disciplines (economics, health, history, sociology, demographics, geography, etc.) constitutes a very open-ended relational foundation from which to pursue our thinking and our work.
« Our multidisciplinary network, brimming with expertise, plays an important role in our many activities. It guarantees the intellectual and scientific openness on which we depend. »
Through their contributions to our studies, to our conferences, and to our journal, S.A.P.I.EN.S, these researchers and international experts help us to anticipate and identify the major transformations affecting the links between society and the environment.
The field practitioners —members of NPOs or NGOs—or social entrepreneurs have become pivotal players in international decision-making processes. With their strong involvement in the field, they share with us a more pragmatic view of issues, usually local challenges, by participating in our work via the journal FACTS Reports.
Networking in this way promotes the sharing of knowledge, know-how and best practices. The collaboration first developed in France, with experts such as:
The collaboration first developed in France, with experts such as:
- Jean-Paul Fitoussi, Sciences-Po et Observatoire français des conjonctures économiques (OFCE)
- Olivier Godard, Ecole polytechnique
- Gilles Kepel, Professor of Middle East studies at Sciences-Po
- David Martimort, Institute of Industrial Economics (IDEI) and University of Toulouse 1
- Laurence Tubiana, Institute for Sustainable Development and International Relations (IDDRI)
(the institutions of attachment correspond to the date of collaboration)
The network subsequently developed abroad, with experts:
- Esther Duflo, Abdul Latif Jameel Professor, Department of Economics, MIT, Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL), USA
- Jürgen Kropp, Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, Germany
- Sanjivi Sundar, The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), India
- Hongchun Zhou, Development Research Centre of the State Council, China
And guest speakers:
- The late Wangari Maathai, Nobel Peace Prize, founder of the Green Belt Movement (2011)
- Jean Tirole, Institute of Industrial Economics (IDEI) Toulouse (2006)
- John Holdren, Chairman of the Board of Directors, American Association for the Advancement of Sciences (AAAS), USA (2007)
- Monique Barbut, Executive Secretary of the UN Convention to Combat Desertification (2014)
- Sen Peng, Vice-President of China’s National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) (2009)
- Liszt Vieira, President of the Research Institute of the Botanic Garden of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (2012)
- Dr. Ramanathan, Professor of Athmospheric and Climate Sciences at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography (2016)
Reasearch or conference partner organizations
Numerous scientists and field practitioners, located in every region of the world, have published papers in FACTS Reports and S.A.P.I.EN.S.